When you’re an online programmer at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
What you’ll do
- Develop fast, reliable, and most importantly, fun online features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams.
- Understand existing functions, suggest, and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best online experience to our players.
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams.
- Resolve online and network bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- Around 3 years of experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, Java, and Python code
- Experience with online frameworks, services, and network optimization
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- A creative and innovative spirit
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game
- Experience with services like AWS, Docker, or Azure
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is set to open its doors in 2022.
In the heart of Sherbrooke, this new studio will be composed of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to developing iconic franchises that engage millions worldwide.
We're looking for passionate creators who want to make exceptional games and deliver memorable experiences to our players. Joining Ubi Sherbrooke means playing a major role in the video game industry. It represents contributing to advancing Ubisoft's tech and shaping the economic and social landscape of the Eastern Townships. These are local efforts with positive, far-reaching impacts!
The world of work is changing. And so are we. Our universal vacation time, hybrid and flexible work, competitive benefits, and host of learning opportunities will allow you to reach your full potential. Here, work-life balance is at the core of our day-to-day.
At the Sherbrooke studio, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with an array of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Our desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve will contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that will result in our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.