Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
As a Lighting Artist at Ubisoft Osaka, you will add the last layer of detail to beautify 3D environments and craft a cohesive, vibrant, and immersive world. Every choice you make, from color to contrast, influences and inspires emotions and encourages players to engage in what will be a memorable gameplay experience.
With an artistic yet technical eye, you seamlessly and strategically manipulate lighting to draw the players’ eyes to key areas and subtly show them the way. You are the players’ silent travel companion, – their intuition, even – helping them navigate while experiencing the moods and ambiances you’ve created.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the development of high quality AAA lighting to support the art direction and gameplay objectives
- Prioritize, plan, and organize Lighting Domain tasks with the Producer/Associate Producer
- Identify and set up best practices of production workflow
- Translate conceptual illustrations into outstanding real-time lighting
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes
- Knowledge in modern engine Global Illumination techniques (GI optimization and baking automation, dynamic GI…)
- Establish lighting mood board and lighting visual targets based on Art Director's guidance and game design needs
- Provides creative direction and feedback to concept artists on defining the mood for the project in pre-production
- Establish look development process for art content development and review purposes
WHAT YOU"LL BRING
- Mid level of professional lighting experience in the video game industry with at least one shipped AAA game title
- Identify dependency, and communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers