Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected. Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla”, etc.
As Lead Gameplay Programmer, you’ll be leading the Playlist and Onboarding Cell programming team within the R6 project as well as working with leads and directors in other cells and across the entire project.
What you´ll do
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure standardized processes within his discipline following TOP quality standards.
- Lead and manage a team of programmers.
- Coach and guide the development of the team members.
- Share knowledge, motivate, and inspire others to generate new ideas.
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team and its impact on the project.
- Actively work with other department leads and facilitate the information flow.
- Continuously align with Tech directors.
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management.
What you´ll bring
- 5+ years of game development experience, with leadership experience.
- Fluency in C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Ability to work with all departments to carry out the vision of the game.
- Experience with developing multiplayer games.
- Good understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Excel).
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated and self-directing, willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Must be comfortable working within (and extending) an established code framework.
- Able to discuss technical work with non-technical people.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Spanish/Catalan is a plus).
- Passion for video games.
- Knowledge of UI Patterns is a plus (MVC, MVVM) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Matchmaking and Microservices is a plus.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perks
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month under management validation).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC.
- Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Relocation Assistance.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)