Environment Artist (M/NB/W) - Beyond Good & Evil 2
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a sci-fi action-adventure RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft's first release. Join our team at Ubisoft Paris to help us shape this amazing project!
As an Environment Artist on our team, you will be an expert in creating compelling 3D environments in an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller and an experience creator.
Through your own creations you will build vivid and exceptional worlds in the service of our Space Opera that tell a story and capture the interest and attention of our players.
Within the framework of our game and its universe, you can push the boundaries of creativity - and have the artistic ability to do so. Your artistic skills in creating natural elements, composition, and shaping spaces allow you to create striking enchantments.
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Provide exceptional environmental storytelling by integrating and building 3D environments into an internal game engine and determining lighting intentions to define and dress a polished scene;
- Create locations that respect the artistic vision, meet the needs of the game, meet the technical requirements, achieve the required quality and are fully debugged;
- Become familiar with the game design documents to understand the environments, objectives, moods, story and style required to create an environment with the desired impact;
- Collaborate with the Technical Artists, Expert Technical Art Director and Producer to discuss and integrate the vision and intent of the game;
- Study visual references and conduct independent art research for inspiration;
- Understand the tools, pipelines, workflows and technical constraints of the project and provide feedback.
With a first experience and a strong motivation for the Environment Artist job, ideally on productions of major titles/AAA, you wish to put your talent at the service of one of the most awaited titles within Ubisoft:
- A portfolio, website or any other document showing your work is mandatory, otherwise your application will not be properly evaluated;
- You are a true artist and are familiar with procedural approaches to environment creation;
- You have an appetite for visual storytelling, with an excellent eye for detail. You are familiar with space opera and hardcore SF concepts;
- You are able to work in a team and independently, with a sense of initiative;
- Your compositional skills and understanding of the fundamentals of art (lighting, composition, color theory, etc.) are of an advanced level;
- Preferably you are familiar with current DCC, such as 3DS Max, and procedural tools (Substance Designer, ...);
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially in English.
This position is available now for a permanent contract at Ubisoft Paris Studio!
Interested? Apply online by attaching your portfolio and we will get back to you soon 😊
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal employment opportunities to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age. Ubisoft is committed to developing an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of its gaming community in its teams.