Ubisoft strives to offer gamers an impressive visual experience, as well as an incomparable level of immersion. The fluidity and vitality of our worlds make this experience even richer for our audience.
At Ubi, developing, optimizing, and maintaining our game engines is an important task to stay at the forefront of technology. As an Engine Programmer, you'll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the engine of one of our AAA games like For Honor, Rainbow Six, or Assassin's Creed, as well as developing future technologies.
What you'll do
- Maintain and optimize the game engine to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
- Compile and understand the project purpose, identify development needs, and assess technical feasibility.
- Work with many teams to optimize interaction between various game engine systems.
- Master low-level systems such as loading/streaming, memory management, and platform-specific systems.
- Share your knowledge with various studio teams and be a go-to person for programmers.
- Assess and debug simple and complex performance problems + propose well-adapted optimizations.
What you bring
- General understanding of modern game engine architecture
- Knowledge of different hardware architectures (ex. Intel, AMD, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
- Experience in C++ programming and knowledge of assembly language
- Solid knowledge of multi-threaded programming and synchronization mechanisms
- The capacity to evaluate and synthesize existing systems
- The ability to solve complex problems in an optimal way
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Skills in debugging complex problems and optimizing memory and performance
- Attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit + good communication skills
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is set to open its doors in 2022.
In the heart of Sherbrooke, this new studio will be composed of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to developing iconic franchises that engage millions worldwide.
We're looking for passionate creators who want to make exceptional games and deliver memorable experiences to our players. Joining Ubi Sherbrooke means playing a major role in the video game industry. It represents contributing to advancing Ubisoft's tech and shaping the economic and social landscape of the Eastern Townships. These are local efforts with positive, far-reaching impacts!
The world of work is changing. And so are we. Our universal vacation time, hybrid and flexible work, competitive benefits, and host of learning opportunities will allow you to reach your full potential. Here, work-life balance is at the core of our day-to-day.
At the Sherbrooke studio, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with an array of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Our desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve will contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that will result in our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.