Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
The choreographer director is the core content creator in "Just Dance" team, who will collaborate with the content team and will be in charge of the conception, creation and finalization of the choreographies for the game.
What you will do:
- Understand Just Dance brand, work closely with content team to make sure the creative consistency and respect technical constraints.
- Brainstorm with concept/costume/video team, propose choreography direction according to music mood and character style
- Work closely with the creative core team to choose choreographer and dancers for each song
- Lead rehearsals and shootings with choreographers and dancers, ensure the quality of each choreography by giving precise and inspiring feedbacks to choreographers and dancers
- Coach dancers’ performance to ensure the dance steps and moods fits the direction of the song, direct dancers in a cheerful way during shootings
- Responsible for sourcing new choreographers and dancers to enlarge Just Dancer pool
- Work closely with Paris choreography team. Give clear updates on each rehearsal and exchange ideas and solutions to improve JD choreography.
- In order to give news ideas to JD choreography, make researches and propose prototypes to the core team are necessary.
What you should be equipped with:
- At least 5 years’ experience in dance and performing industry
- Proficient in certain dance style and versatile in multiple dance style
- Good knowledge of dance history, dance style, resourceful of performance market, dance studio, dance competition, and agency
- Open-minded and easygoing, collaborative and detail-oriented, willing to express and share opinion
- Preferable graduate of performing arts, dance, music or art-related diploma degree
- Full time required
- Good communication skills, fluent English and Chinese
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!