(Closed) Associate Producer (M/F/D)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno", "Far Cry" and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning "Far Cry" series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!Job Description
As an Associate Producer, you will report to the local Producer or Production Director and implement best processes, methods and tools to deliver a quality mandate in time and using the resources that were allocated. Together with the team you secure the advancement of the work and attainment of production objectives. You effectively manage development team members and support them to remain firmly committed and highly motivated. The project is led by another studio, but the mandate and its execution are owned locally.
Further responsibilities include:
- Together with the team and the Producer/Production Director, build and maintain a roadmap for the whole mandate
- Identify risks, communicate mitigation strategy and propose/implement contingency plans to stay aligned with the roadmap
- Help respective cross-functional teams to improve their internal agile processes and help drive greater efficiency both internally and externally with stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, easy and lean processes and realistic goals
- Establish and foster a healthy work relationship with the lead studio
- Ensure proper bug management (reports, priorities, test procedures, etc.) together with local QA
- Support and enable the team on a day to day basis (e.g. with running daily stand ups and sprint planning / retrospective / review sessions where required)
- Regular monitoring, tracking and updating of progress via project management tools
- Determine project needs in terms of acquisitions (software, material, etc.)
- Identify staffing needs preemptively, lead or support hiring process for the team in line with mandate and studio- long-term needs
- Lead Project Coordinators and/or Project Assistants as well as QA
- Carry out the performance assessments and growth plan for direct reports
- Provide coverage for Production Director or Producer where necessary
- Shipped at least one AAA title either on PC and/or console from start to end in Production role
- Experienced leader for your team with a servant leadership mindset and helping to unleash the full potential of each and every member of your team
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Problem-solver with good analytical, technical and project management skills
- Structured collaborator who understands the importance of clear communication
- Results focused and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Change management knowledge
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple international teams
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps, etc.) and tools (Jira, Confluence) in game development
- Excellent knowledge of issue and project management software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.