3D Level Artist [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a 3D Level Artist on our team, you will create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
You bring environments to live by assembling and positioning key elements that deliver impactful visual moments and enhance our players’ experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Within the framework of our game and its’ universe, you can push creative boundaries – and have the artistic ability to do so. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop space with plenty of personality.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with level designers, the lead artist and the content director to discuss and understand the game’s vision and intentions
- Deliver strong environmental storytelling by integrating and building assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references)
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise (test and improve)
- Stay organized and meet agreed deadlines
What you bring:
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent
- Around 2-4 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, color theory, etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to easily communicate in English
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail!
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.