Director, Sales - Esports
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. theScore esports is the industry leading esports news source and content creator, producing and covering the biggest stories from esports across our highly popular video series.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Conceive and sell brand integrations into existing video franchises and custom original videos
- Identify new business opportunities and prepare sales strategies and proposals
- Responsible for setting up meetings with brands, agencies and media buyers
- Execute campaign management strategies and plans; track performance
- Actively participate in industry activities and tradeshows
- Collaborate with internal departments, in particular theScore esports video content team
- Close deals! Achieve monthly and annual sales targets
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of gaming or esports sales, with an emphasis on content sponsorship and integration
- Strong grasp of the esports landscape, including the activity of both endemic and non-endemic brands in the space
- Knowledge of the broader esports and gaming space, including tournaments, events, teams and organizations. You will use this knowledge to educate brands and partners on what differentiates theScore esports offering from the rest of the industry
- Deep understanding of the online video space with knowledge of both VoD and live streaming
- Proven ability to develop key relationships with decision makers at target partners
- The ability to think creatively, identify sales opportunities and execute against those opportunities
- Strong relationships with both traditional agencies as well as esports advertisers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, assertive self starter
- Passionate about esports and gaming!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.