YouTube Video Editor
Video Editor (Local to Dallas, TX preferred / Remote)
The Awkward Company is seeking a self-motivated Video Editor to join their creative team. This Video Editor will be responsible for creating and cultivating high quality gaming and IRL videos for specific YouTubers. Must have a portfolio with work related to the field requested above or examples that showcase the ability and skill traits that are present to complete the request above.
The Awkward Company
The Awkward Company is a media / business advisor company where we focus on helping content creators expand and cultivate their business. We have worked with various YouTubers in structuring their companies to produce and provide the best possible method to create. We provide knowledge in structuring a core team for our clients and training those team members to produce the best possible outcome in the most efficient manner. For our contract workers we also focus on assisting them in expanding their business, to learn the ins and outs of the gaming industry and helping newcomers get their foot through the door. Our focus is helping not just our clients but our internal team in expanding and chasing their passions.
Expected / Payment
Editor will edit anywhere from 1-4 videos per week per channel. Payment will be discussed via interview and will be paid per video edited.
You will be given the footage that can range anywhere from 8 minutes to 20 minutes and will be given instructions on where to cut and edit. The basic job will be fairly simple however a plus if you are able to add your own creativity into the edits.
There will be a training period before accepted fully.
The edits should take no longer than 2 hours per video.
Summary of Duties:
- Work with the internal team to produce and create unique and top quality video edits.
- Editor will be working on Roblox, Minecraft, and IRL content. Must be familiar with the following.
- Brainstorm and produce creative ways to assist in providing a constant growth and push for higher quality and standard.
- Be able to work flexible hours and provide a quick turn around.
- Create digital art that can benefit the edit such as banners, lower 3rds, social media push, and graphical text.
- Must be proficient in Adobe products such as, but not limited to, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Capable of taking directions and creatively finding solutions on their own in a timely manner.
- Needs to meet deadlines and be flexible with work deadlines/work schedule.
- Work with and without direction to produce the same final results.
- Must be willing to learn and have a desire to grow in the market and industry.
- Familiarity with YouTube content and its processes is a plus.
- Take notes and constructive criticisms.