Senior Unity Gameplay Programmer
We are on the search for an experienced Unity Gameplay Programmer to join our team of gameplay-focused and technically-minded engineers. As a Gameplay Programmer at Tactile, you will get the opportunity to flex both your design and architecture muscles! You will work on a broad range of tasks related to implementing gameplay and user interactions based on the game designs.
Our games are developed using Unity, so we would love you to have extensive knowledge of mobile game development in Unity3D and excellent aesthetic know-how in order to be able to work effectively as a part of a bigger team of game programmers, artists and level designers. We are proud of being a lean organization and we always give out a lot of responsibility to our employees. It is therefore important to us that you are not only very self-driven, open-minded and curious, but that you are also not afraid to be critical (in a constructive way, of course) and to collaborate with your colleagues to find solutions.
This full-time position is available immediately and on-site in our Copenhagen office.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be:
- Implementing new gameplay features based on game designs
- Implementing user interfaces based on artist designs to help improve user experiences
- Maintaining and optimizing existing games
- Contributing fresh ideas to game design
- Analyzing, improving and updating existing systems
- Participating in the development of performant and rigid systems
- Running tests on new code
- 5+ years of game programming experience
- Extensive experience with mobile game development in Unity3D (iOS and/or Android)
- Strong knowledge of C#
- Experience in UI/UX, especially making user experiences at an interactive degree
- Excellent 3D game programming knowledge, including math and dynamic skills,
- Good aesthetic know-how
- Solid system and architectural thinking
- Previous experience with developing mobile games with a large amount of content delivery or a good sense of F2P game design
- Knowledge of other game engines, analytics tools and programming languages, especially Objective C and Java
- Experience with test driven development
At Tactile, we work hard to nurture an open and amicable work environment, based on trust, individual freedom and responsibility. Our colleagues work together on projects in a flat structure with little hierarchy. We firmly believe that when talented people collaborate instead of compete, amazing things happen! This is why we consider ourselves not only a growing company, but also a growing family.
We would love you to become a part of our story, so apply now! We welcome candidates of all backgrounds from all over the world, but please make sure your application is in English.