Lead Narrative Designer
People make games great. Here at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Lead Narrative Designer to join our amazing Design team!
- Utilize your experience and knowledge to guide team members towards creating quality and efficient delivery of narrative designs that are aligned with the vision of the key stakeholders within the company.
- Work with Narrative and Design Directors to build an effective team by ensuring it is fully resourced, a manageable size, and representing a diverse set of levels and backgrounds.
- Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for your team members.
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results.
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development.
- In partnership with the Game Director, engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision.
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset.
- Create the environment where “the best idea wins” regardless of where it may come from.
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Work with the Game Director to help establish the game's tone, voice, theme,, and style.
- Work with production, other team leads, and directors to help create task estimates and schedules for the team;
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes;
- Balance any writing and editing requirements with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
- Define good practices and pipelines and ensure they are carried out through regular peer reviews.
- Continually review the narrative design processes to identify potential improvements.
- An excellent understanding of narrative systems and structures.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- A strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines (VO, cinematics, audio, etc.)
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Familiarity with standard scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.).
- Able to create, manage and help track schedules for a team of Narrative Designers.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation (such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge of narrative design and scriptwriting tools.
- Working knowledge of Unreal and Blueprints.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming tools.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Presentation and pitching skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create compellingly immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.