(Closed) Production Manager
Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
Sumo Video Games, India is looking for a dynamic Production Manager to lead the production team at our new Bengaluru studio.
The candidate should have:
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience in Production, of which 6+ years in Gaming (console/PC) domain.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary international projects.
- Experience overseeing multiple producers across projects running in parallel.
- Experience coordinating with senior management, HR teams and other stakeholders.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess excellent mentoring and teaching abilities.
- Able to identify multiple solutions to any problem and choose the most appropriate.
- Practical experience of project management methodologies and processes.
- Skilled in the use of Excel, MS project & any tracking tools like TFS/Jira/Ftrack/Shotgun.
- Coordinate with higher management & discipline heads to ensure the internal studio resource planner is up to date with current/future project allocations.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with discipline heads and other Sumo teams.
- Able to balance competing project priorities across multiple projects.
- Responsible for all project MS deliveries. Keep tab on their progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective action with concerned Producer when needed.
- Oversee day-to-day communications/scrums made/conducted by production reports, give suggestions when needed.
- Establish best practices for the team.
- Oversee risk management/mitigation raised/proposed by production reports.
- Responsible for assigning Producers to new or upcoming projects and informing key stakeholders.
- Manage intra/inter team conflicts, use tact and diplomacy to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Set & oversee goals for all reports, do half yearly reviews & one-on-ones.
- Cultivate capability of all reports, implement/suggest training and nurture their personal growth in studio.
- Anticipate future issues and consider long term solutions from multiple perspectives.
- Handle any production concerns raised by other discipline heads from time to time.
- Identify/suggest project resource requirements as and when needed to senior management and discipline heads.
- Work closely with HR and other disciplines in drafting hiring strategies based on current and future requirements.
- Actively participate in screening, shortlisting, interviewing candidates across disciplines.
- As part of the local leadership team, contribute to overall studio management & growth.
- Represent studio in industry events, conferences, and media.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
- Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
- 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
- Five Learning days each year,
- 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
- Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
- Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
- Competitive bonuses
- Relocation Assistance
- Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
- Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
- Timely care packages
- Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
- Employee Assistance program
- Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
- Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.