Lead Quality Analyst
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Working closely with the development team, you will play a key part in the development process by defining testing processes, supporting and mentoring a team of QA testers and helping the overall team achieve their target quality in design and implementation.
Your knowledge and expertise will be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms and genres.
In your new role, you will:
- Plan QA deliverables and ensure coverage for all testing requests from all areas of development
- Define and maintain the QA testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
- Manage the creation and maintenance of project test cases, test suites, test schedule, and other documentation needed during the project cycle.
- Be responsible for testing game content for bugs and other defects, Feature testing, Smoke Testing, Full Build testing, etc. and sending respective Test reports.
- Track and Test the various Sprint, Milestone and Project Deliverables and send corresponding Test Reports.
- Creating and Sending various Feature and Build Test Reports, Daily and Weekly Reports to the Production teams as per the requirements of the Projects.
- Track bugs and offer assistance to developers when needed in identifying/reproducing bugs
- Collaborate with development teams to collect essential information and make sure to have optimum QA coverage.
- Work closely with the development team in order to understand upcoming features and proactively find issues early in development. Also, support the various requests from the different Development teams.
- Provide regular feedback regarding the quality of implemented features.
- Communicate with the development and production teams to provide timely and accurate project and testing updates and immediately escalate critical issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Perform Bug Database management – Tracking, assessing, assigning priorities, etc. Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered and highlight the risks.
- Manage and assign daily tasks to the various QA team members and ensure tasks are completed in a timely and proper manner.
- Lead and mentor the QA team members. Provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers.
- Plan and set inspiring objectives for your Team members throughout the year. Create an environment for ensuring the growth of your Team Members along with inspiring them and developing their skills.
- Proactively work on managing and improving the QA processes and tools. Look for constant innovation and improvement to QA processes and tools.
- Manage creation of Tutorials, QA Training Material and Test Processes, Technical Documentations, etc.
- Assist the recruitment team to recruit additional QA team members.
- Estimate and Manage resource allocations for different projects. Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project.
- Sign off on releases for production milestones
- Be a point of contact for all QA-related communication
- Be an advocate of QA throughout the studio
- Liaise with external testing teams at our publishing partners
To be successful, you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience within games dev/embedded testing, at least 2 of which in a senior or lead capacity
- Experience in shipping 2+ games on consoles, at least one of which in a lead or senior capacity
- An understanding of JIRA or similar bug tracking and project management software.
- Current knowledge of platform specific certification requirements
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors
- Solid technical knowledge of video games industry processes and terms
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills are essential
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve and take initiatives.
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and coordinate tasks amongst the team
- A passion for games and their development
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
- Experience using UE4 and/or Unity editor
- Experience using Perforce and Visual Studio
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of test/build automation processes
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.