Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hyper Scape, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Games Director at Studio Gobo...
- Oversees a team of developers across all disciplines to deliver a high-quality, fun experience on time and on budget.
- Uphold the creative vision for the project and ensure this vision is communicated to the development team and external partners.
- Manage the relationship with external partners and establish an open and honest collaboration.
- Work closely with the production team and ensure smooth development, creating an empowering development environment to set the team up for success.
- Conduct a creative review of the product and give constructive feedback and direction to improve the quality of the product.
- Create new game concept and pitches, and actively participate in new business development.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Over 7 years of professional game development experience with at least 2 games shipped in a lead role, with solid hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of game development.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative high-quality products.
- An analytical mind, able to articulate concisely the strength and weakness of games, and strong problem solving & critical thinking skills to create pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Empathetic, approachable and an assertive leader.
- Passionate about the craft of making games with wide industry knowledge, especially with console and PC games.
- Positive, proactive and self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working character action or similar genres would be an advantage.