Stratosphere Games is an AAA mobile game developer based in Berlin, Germany, looking for a QA Manager to support the development of existing and upcoming projects.
As a QA Manager, you are responsible for the quality of all aspects of the game, not only the bugs or the game itself. Besides running test cycles you also communicate with the community manager about the player's feedback and their view on things while also communicating with the team about the state of the current game development to manage and plan your task and test cycles.
As our QA Manager, you are the owner of the quality of the product. We expect a suitable candidate to own the quality and push it, not to be a passive reporter of issues.
- Be responsible for the overall quality of all aspects of the game
- Play the game and be part of the community and take their feedback into your tasks
- Create plans/checklists for testing the game and discuss them with the team and responsible leads
- Create reports and education departments and colleagues about the game’s quality status
- Keep the internal QA standards as high as possible
- Work with multiple internal and external test teams
- Actively seek opportunities for improvement in processes and style of work
- Create and execute training to increase the product knowledge of all employees
- Evaluate, implement, and utilize bug tracking tools to analyze and understand key metrics of the game or feature to inform stakeholders and facilitate decision making at all levels
- Lead your team in their use of data to develop proper risk assessment profiles while identifying major risks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in English (German is a bonus)
- At least 3 years experience as a QA tester/manager in a development team
- Experience with Live Operations and games as a service from a Quality Assurance perspective.
- Shipped multiplayer games
- Use of BI/Analytics in game development and relevance to testing and test coverage
- Experience with In-App Purchasing processes, both Google Play store and Apple.
- Understanding of technical and performance requirements of all platforms with experience creating strategies to assess and adapt to these accordingly
- Playtesting and Usability testing experience including methods for capturing actionable data
- Experience in Focus Group testing as a bonus
- Administration experience of JIRA or HacknPlan bug tracking databases including setup of workflows relevant for their teams
- Good working knowledge of MS & Google office applications and tools
- Use of Test Case Management software
- Experience supporting online services with related release cycles
What we offer:
- A friendly and motivated international team to collaborate with for achieving breakthroughs together
- Work on innovative and thrilling AAA quality mobile games
- A large, open office space right in the heart of Berlin Mitte, surrounded by amazing (and not pricy) restaurants
- Free coffee, water & beer are available in the office
- Be part of a great and stable-growing company with a friendly, but always challenging, work philosophy
- A mixture of office and remote work
- Supplementary health insurance
- Urban Sports Club