Stainless Games are looking for a Lead Designer brimming with creativity, innovative vision and technical ability to join our experienced and friendly team. The successful candidate will be working on high profile projects to create engaging game experiences across multiple platforms and various genres.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Work closely with the game director to help add definition to the design vision for projects
- Lead the design team to create new and exciting game features and content
- Provide leadership, direction and line management to the design team
- Own an ongoing design relationship with the publisher and stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish the games design vision and hold responsibility for the creation and maintenance of any design documentation in support of that vision
- Effectively time manage yourself and those in your team
- Review design elements to ensure a captivating game experience and tweak or re-balance elements falling short of the project design vision
- Evangelise the game design within the company and to external stakeholders
- 2+ years game development in a senior design role
- Shipped multiple titles in a design role where you held important areas of responsibility
- Able to work collaboratively with all departments to develop a game in line with your design vision for it.
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Detail orientated
- Proven track record working on a variety of game genres and economic models for games
- Experience utilising metrics for game design improvements
- Experience working across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Experience using Unreal
- Experience using Unity
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!