Senior PR Manager UK
The Senior PR Manager will work within the UK team and lead UK planning and execution of PR plans for allocated products on a variety of platforms.
As a key member of the UK team you will be a multi-skilled Senior PR Manager able to lead the UK PR team, adapt PR strategies to the UK market, maximise media coverage and ensure delivery of communication campaigns on time, on spec and within budget.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned PR manager who is creative and able to nurture great relationships with UK press but also results driven with a broad understanding of how to deliver a successful campaign.
Working with the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, tactics and implementation of PR activities in the UK market
- Create, plan and execute PR & communication strategies for products releasing in the UK market. Ensure that all assets, press releases and other PR opportunities are fully maximised
- Manage the UK PR budget in coordination with Marketing Director, UK. Ensure that PO’s are raised, tracked and closed in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Develop and nurture great working relationships with UK media.
- Foster strong working relationships with internal strategic teams and champion UK PR needs internally.
- Manage PR agencies to deliver effective plans, innovative activities and on time reporting.
- Co-ordinate announcements, review codes and asset distribution to press and agencies.
- Maintain and update media lists and contact databases.
- Develop PR relationships with first parties (Sony/MS/Nintendo etc) and key partners
- Coordination of press events and conferences
- Day to day line management of UK PR Executive
- Regular maintenance of UK press site
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Create, plan and execute PR & communication strategies for products releasing in the UK market.
- Develop and present meaningful PR insights to Marketing Director UK and Strategic teams and promote continuous improvement in our strategies and tactics.
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and externally is essential to the role
- Support UK team with copy creation across a variety of disciplines – advertorial, promotional activity etc
Marketing Director UK, European Marketing Director, Executive Director SEE Marketing, GM EU Commercial & Publishing, Sales team, PR Team, Influencer Relations team, Distributor Partner, Project Teams, Finance Department,
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced PR Manager with demonstrable track record of crafting strategies to position products for success with target consumer
- Proven experience planning and executing PR campaigns at a UK level
- Strong existing relationships with UK media
- Experience managing third party PR agencies
- Degree level of qualification, or equivalent
- Line management experience
- Experience of working in a PR agency either in the UK or overseas
- Experience working at a Japanese company
- Intimate, in-depth knowledge of the videogame market
- Ability to demonstrate game code
- Strong writing and creative skills with a flair for delivering innovative ideas
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Results oriented
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- This individual must be a team player, resilient, diplomatic, resourceful and have a positive outlook.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, lively, constantly changing, and evolving environment
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality
- Strategic as well as delivery focussed
- Relishes working in a fast paced, constantly changing and evolving environment
- Ability to generate ideas and translate these ideas into commercially viable PR activities
- Impactful and charismatic, with ability to influence and persuade
- Demonstrable understanding of social media and influencer and how to employ it within the PR mix
- Confident and able communicator who enjoys presenting both internally and externally
- Able and willing to travel internationally for press trips, studio visits and trade events and work non-standard hours where required
- Interested in technology and social media