Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
This is an opportunity to work on a top grossing game - Dragon City - and create features played by 9 millions users every month!
What will you do in Social Point?
- Be a key member of a multi-disciplinary feature squad, cooperating with Engineering, Product, UI/UX and QA - working within the Agile methodology
- Monitoring and improving the in-game economy identifying key opportunities for improvement to meet business goals and wow our customers.
- Writing Game Design Documents with all the information needed for your team to develop new features for the game
- Creating the full balancing for new features, and being able to summarize them and defend the rationale behind them
- Proactively seeking continuous improvement for the game (feature rebalancing, a/b test proposals, etc) and for the design team (efficiency, organization, …)
- Owning independent initiatives within the team, transmitting your vision, analyzing results of actions.
- Collaborating with the design team to keep the game fresh and interesting to players through engaging content design.
This is you
- Experienced with economy balancing and data visualization (charts/Excel)
- You are passionate about games. You have an intuitive sense for what creates an engaging experience and can competently defend your design choices.
- A proactive team player with excellent communication skills, high energy and a positive attitude.
- Great focus, organization and attention to detail. Able to identify and think critically about problems and opportunities in the game and drive solutions.
- Ability to break down game systems and think in terms of player experience as well as business needs and long term game sustainability.
- Can create clear written and visual presentation of complex design topics
You also have
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile F2P market and an extensive background as a gamer.
- 3+ years experience in game design, including 1+ years on a live game
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
What we offer you:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Generous tickets restaurant.
- Private medical insurance, just in case.
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
And when we return to the office later this year:
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
- The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Do you want to level up? Press start.
Please make sure you share your motivation by answering a few questions while applying (we are grateful for these extra 3 minutes!) and forget about sending us your cover letter, if you want.
A cv tailored to our role will be greatly appreciated. Our recruitment team is here to make your experience as smooth as possible.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.