Technical Artist - Game Development
Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy. This is why we were recently recognized as one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Ottawa and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada by gamesindustry.biz!
We are currently looking to add an experienced Technical Artist to our already amazing team. As a “Snowmie” tech artist you will be responsible for developing features & content for our UI/UX production pipeline using scripting/coding, profiling, and multiple tools on a proprietary C++ game engine for a triple-A title.
Using your previous expertise and knowledge you will be the go-to person for integrating the latest tools technologies into the UI workflow, leveraging different UX techniques to their full potential and focusing on what makes an amazing user experience that supports gameplay.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing
- Maintain and improve the production pipeline and content library.
- Work directly in a custom C++ game engine and with home-grown C# pipeline tools to create content and implement features for the UX team
- Build new features and content based on product roadmap
- Identify and help develop new process flows and tools to optimize the UI/UX pipeline
- Work directly with UI/UX production artists and developers to help implement their vision
- Target and address any art-related technical issues
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of UI/UX production, C# and C++
- Experience working and communicating with production artists in a mixed PC and Mac environment; experience with Sketch is a major plus
- The ability to adapt to and innovate with new technologies
- Ability to create technical documentation on production pipeline and art contents
- Prior experience in custom C++ based engines and/or Unreal Engine
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with artists, art directors and developers
- You’re user-focused, passionate, and innovative
- Prior experience in UX architecture and workflow
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
We want to hear about the cool experience that you bring to the table to help build the gaming industry in Ottawa. We want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 3 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
Snowed In Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.