User Acquisition , Director
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents.
As Director of User Acquisition, you will lead the development, planning and execution of acquisition marketing strategies for one of Scopely’s largest game franchises, leveraging multi-million dollar budgets to drive profitable growth globally. Alongside a team of versatile, experienced performance marketers that you’ll lead & mentor, you will own acquisition performance while leading strategic, aggressive experimentation on all key current and potential user acquisition channels. This role works cross-functionally with Product, Finance, Marketing and Engineering and reports directly to the Senior Vice President of User Acquisition.
What You Will Do:
- Develop strategic, multi-million dollar sustained user acquisition campaigns, driving continued high-quality volume to Scopely games, optimized to return on ad spend
- Drive relentless culture of experimentation on all key existing UA channels (ex.: Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks, ad exchanges, loyalty/offerwall) while also ideating and establishing new user acquisition funnels for Scopely’s portfolio of games
- Bring leading analysis and insight to acquisition funnel measurement, including helping to define & set goals for key performance indicators on each game, and working with Analytics on implementing improved Business Intelligence.
- Own cross-functional and executive communication & strategy setting on user acquisition plans, working in conjunction with Product, Finance, Creative, Data Science & Engineering teams
- Play a lead role in hiring, training and developing a world-class team to lead campaign execution, optimization & analysis, and oversee highly detail-oriented, tactical execution from that team
- 5+ years of acquisition marketing experience, with strong preference for mobile apps, and specific experience in some subset of Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks and mobile ad exchanges
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize a multi-million dollar acquisition budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive major incremental volume & returns from creative development, creative testing & creative iteration
- A balance of data-driven, analytical skills with demonstrated creative campaign wins
- Proven success either growing and directly managing a world-class user acquisition team (or if not, a track record of successful mentorship and training)
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional leadership in Product, Finance, Creative and Engineering to drive successful outcomes