Senior Software Engineer (Client side) - Unity - C#
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.
Scopely’s engineering team is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a Senior Client Engineer experienced with Unity, C# and/or C++! Our engineers have a huge passion for games and technology, and have worked at some of the top tech and entertainment companies in the world.
As a Senior Client Engineer at Scopely you would be working on a small team of engineers in planning and implementing feature development for top mobile games in the iOS and Android app store. This is a challenging role for someone who enjoys solving complex scalability problems in a 100M+ user environment. This Senior Client Engineer will have a strong knowledge of C# and/or C++ and have previous experience leading a team.
What you will do:
- Ship production grade mobile games used by millions of gamers
- Implement game mechanics and system processes using Unity, C# and/or C++
- Provide exceptional leadership for a small team of client and server engineers
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional departments including: game design, product management, marketing, etc.
What you will need:
- Strong programming with C# and or C++
- Experience with game engines, preferably with Unity but not required
- Solid understanding of mobile networking best practices: request limiting, request caching, batching, content aggregation, minification, integrating with rest and TCP/UDP services, etc.
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize UI responsiveness
- Experience with APIs
- Extensive experience with Shaders, NGUI, 2Dtoolkit, and CALayer
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.