Product Strategy Manager (Social PvP)
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning games including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, and YAHTZEE® With Buddies among others. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform, Playgami, that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin, London, Los Angeles, Seoul, Seville, Shanghai and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
The Product Strategy team’s mission is to support Scopely’s business in achieving best-in-class performance by providing actionable insights that maximize the KPIs of our portfolio of games and influence the company’s strategic decisions. As the basis for these insights, the team completes various analyses, including: in-depth roadmap analyses of external and internal titles, business opportunity and feature assessment, case studies, game teardowns and benchmarking.
Your goal is to identify and surface key KPI-lifting product insights in the Social PvP genre on a regular basis, leading to best-in-class business performance in the Social PvP game division with a specific focus on Lifetime Value (LTV) excellence. Your work will also provide useful knowledge to strategic decision-making at a company level.
Teaming up with a Business Analyst, you will:
- Perform comprehensive analyses and product teardowns, surfacing insights about established and newly released games in the relevant genres.
- Compile reports on key market trends, game mechanics/economy innovations, competitors’ soft/hard launches and high-potential features on a regular basis.
- Create frameworks and methodologies that assess games’ and features’ performance.
- Partner with Game Teams on Roadmap Design by assessing the results of released features and championing the implementation of the highest-impact ones, always supported by solid research.
- Respond to product strategy needs from game teams and corporate leadership with timely and accurate ad-hoc studies on market trends, potential M&A opportunities, emerging competitors, etc.
- Stay updated on the genre by playing reference games, participating in relevant forums and reading industry news. Regularly share key findings to relevant stakeholders across the entire portfolio.
What you will need:
- You are a passionate expert of the Social PvP genre.
- You regularly play some of these games: Coin Master, Scrabble GO, Design Home, Words With Friends, Trivia Crack, Yahtzee With Buddies, Covet Fashion, Bingo Blitz, Redecor.
- You have business acumen.
- You are able to distill meaningful insights from data, you quickly get the potential of game features and you can thoughtfully prioritize them by effort and impact.
- You are a great communicator.
- You empathize with your audience, you carefully prepare your presentations with solid foundations and you deliver the key messages clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Product Management, Game / Product Design, or a related field.
- MBA considered a plus.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in Product Management, Design, Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Growth, or Product Marketing.
- Prior experience in the mobile game industry is highly preferred, mitigated only by an extreme passion for this genre and what makes these games successful.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.