Lead UX Designer
Scopely is looking for an exceptional Lead UX Designer to join our studio in Barcelona. Working directly with the Director of Product and other stakeholders, this person will be a passionate and creative innovator with experience leading and managing a team, combined with a proven track record of creating intuitive, compelling, and proven experiences for mobile games.
What you will do:
- Drive UX excellence and own the high-level UX vision for the game, thinking holistically of how all the pieces fit together and consistently striving to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio.
- Guide, mentor, inspire and develop a talented team of UI/UX designers.
- Own the UX process, integrating product, game design and art needs as well as producing excellent deliverables (such as flow diagrams, wireframes, etc.).
- Facilitate the creation of prototypes for internal and external playtesting.
- Seek out and leverage the talents of Scopely’s player research team to inform and validate your designs.
- Use analytics to gain insights into player behaviour to help drive discussion, propose improvements, and steer product direction.
What you will need:
- Experience designing mobile games UX (a focus on casual, mass-market games is a huge plus).
- Multiple years of experience delivering innovative results in mobile UX design (portfolio of relevant work). Extensive training in and knowledge of core UX principles, methods, and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a robust UX process across multiple feature sets within a single mobile app.
- Demonstrated ability to partner across disciplines in order to achieve excellent UX results
- Strong eye for visual design.
- Knowledge of standard UX design and prototyping tools.
- Ability to align around product KPI goals in order to translate them into actionable designs.
What makes you exceptional:
- Multiple shipped titles.
- Able to describe a vision for the UX of an entire product that serves the business’ KPI’s
- Able to lead a team through the execution of your vision
- Willing to get your hands dirty, not just direct.
- Ability to work in Unity a major plus.
- Motion design and animation experience.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found