If UE4 is your jam, Savage is your toast! We are on a hunt for an Unreal Programmer to join an exciting mobile shooter project currently in development.
We’re looking for that certain someone who can whip up game systems and features in C++ and Blueprints. A person who’s not afraid to dive into the UE4 source to make necessary architectural changes while understanding how that will affect future versions of the engine.
You will be responsible for technical design, implementation and maintenance of runtime features and development tools. Being a new studio, your work will have a significant impact on the final performance and quality of all Savage games.
We offer you a chance to join a rapidly growing international team of passionate and talented game makers - like yourself. We’re a young company and as an early employee you’ll have a genuine chance to contribute to our game and our culture.
- Tools/Engine/Gameplay feature design and implementation
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their goals and suggest viable solutions
- Foster Unreal best practices and level up team members new to Unreal
- Runtime performance analysis and optimization
- Build systems that scale across a wide range of mobile hardware
- 3 years experience with at least one shipped title in Unreal
- Strong in C++
- Experience with the Unreal rendering pipeline
- Strong understanding of best coding practices and algorithms
- Able to judge feature quality as compared to competitor’s games
- Effective communicator, written and verbal
The ideal candidate will also have
- Shipped a mobile game using UE4
- Math/Physics/Computer Science or related degree
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with the latest Unreal has to offer
Why should you join Savage Game Studios
- You’ll be a core member of a rock solid team of artists, designers and game developers
- You’ll work in an environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution
- We are ambitious and always strive to lift each other to full potential
- We love to play and develop games. In addition to playing games in our free-time, every Friday afternoon at Savage is dedicated to playing games that inspire us
- Our studios are conveniently located in the downtowns of Helsinki and Berlin. After the lockdowns are over, we will offer relocation services
- Our international team values individuality and diversity - no matter who you are or where you're from, you can find a home at Savage
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits