Senior Java Developer
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented Senior Java Developer who possesses a passion for hands on development and excellent communication skills. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
What We Do
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- The tools we build range from task management software, defect trackers with games console integration, distributed video recording systems, and reporting and analytics applications.
- Design and implement solutions to help us meet the challenges of fast-moving game development.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems we use and learn new technologies to help advance our applications.
- Help define architecture, design patterns and frameworks to improve how we build future APIs and features.
- Contribute towards the team’s software design best practices.
- Collaborate with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Organize yourself and others, ensure requirements are understood, and work is scheduled and delivered effectively to deadlines.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional Java EE development experience.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Accomplished Java EE programmer, with strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and advanced programming concepts.
- Spring Boot.
- REST / Web Service APIs.
- An excellent communicator and presenter of information to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrable organizational and people management skills.
- Experience using Agile software development methods.
- Experience using a build automation tool such as Maven.
- Exposure to version control and CI/CD systems.
- A pragmatic approach to programming within a production environment.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Exposure/experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience with Microservices architecture and multi-tier server applications.
- Exposure to Caching Systems, Docker/Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Netflix Zuul, Netflix Eureka, Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Swagger.
- Experience with data warehousing and analytics.
- C++/C#, Microsoft WPF.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.