Associate Artist: Environments
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a passion-driven Associate Artist to work alongside the environment art team and assist with the creation and implementation of art assets. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Leeds.
What We Do
What we do greatly varies depending on what part of the development cycle we are at. As follows a few examples of the many areas we assist the environment art team with:
- We integrate existing artwork, fixing and tweaking where required.
- We create LODs, collision and other support art elements.
- We provide technical/optimization assistance.
- We fix a range of bugs – from simple bugs to complex art solutions.
- We sometimes assist with the creation of 3D assets.
- We integrate 2D designs into 3D environments.
- Create 3D supporting content (LODs, Collision etc.) for game environments.
- Create 3D assets across a wide range of disciplines for game environments.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing impact on artistic integrity.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist/Art Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
- Strong knowledge in 3ds Max and Photoshop.
- Good ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- One to two years professional experience in the games industry.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV, portfolio and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.