About Roboto Games
Hi! We’re Roboto Games, a minty fresh venture-backed games company. Before this we were leading games at PopCap, EA and Space Ape. And this isn’t our first rodeo/game studio. In 2007 we founded ZipZapPlay, a web and Facebook gaming company (we baked lots of cupcakes while making Baking Life), which we sold to PopCap (zombies also eat cupcakes it turns out) before they sold to EA in 2011. Since then we’ve also contributed to several mobile game hits. On average, we have 12 years of experience designing games with over $100m in revenue and over 65m players.
At Roboto, our mission is to make games that are good alone and great together. Our games are real-time multiplayer and cross-platform, so friends can easily play together. Our upcoming title is a bite-size survival/crafting MMO that will also include the option to own web3 digital assets (such as NFTs). We believe in making inclusive hybrid free-to-play and -own games that are fun for years and that will appeal to a broad range of players. Whether it’s on mobile, web, or PC you and your friends can play together anytime and anywhere.
If that sounds like fun, then join us! You should also join us if you like wizards, zombies and unicorns but not necessarily in that order.
All that sounds great you say? What do I need to do? Glad you asked!
- Carry an asset from its 2D conceptual stage throughout the 3D pipeline (modeling, rigging, animation, texturing, lighting, rendering)
- Iterate with the art director and engineers in designing, prototyping, and implementing 3D elements
- Optimize and troubleshoot 3D elements and their implementation for best in game performance
- Design and create in game visual effects
- Basic animations of assets and characters
- Assist in improving other areas of art in our games including: character design, environment art, marketing graphic design, or animation
- Timely delivery of tasks based on project schedules and milestones
- 2+ years of professional 3D generalist experience
- Experience working with game engines (Unity preferred) and professional game production pipelines.
- Expert skills in 3D programs (Maya, Blender, or equivalent)
- Advanced knowledge of 2D graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent)
- Strong skills in art fundamentals: draftsmanship, color/rendering, shape language, visual hierarchy, etc
- Basic knowledge of key animation fundamentals and tools
- Experience and interest in top-down Free To Play multiplayer games
- Versatile in art styles and production processes
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Live in a time-zone within 4 hours of Pacific Time for team coordination
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, and the desire to keep learning
- Self directed and independent but proactive about seeking help or direction
- Ability to provide/receive feedback well, and collaborate with peers
- Organized and detail oriented
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Art, Design, or equivalent
- Experience with other areas of game art such as concept design, VFX animation, character animation, and marketing art
Why work with Roboto Games?
- As a member of a small team, your voice will be heard and you will have an immense impact on our games and community
- Make games that you can play with your friends. Make games you can play on your phone, on your PC, on your mom’s Chromebook. You get the idea
- Work alongside a diverse group of game industry game veterans with 12+ years of experience
- Work from anywhere as long as you have enough overlapping hours with the Pacific time zone
- Occasionally travel to Roboto’s HQ in California for work weeks and company offsites (attending remotely will always be supported)
- Full time role with benefits (4 weeks of paid time off, stock options, health, dental, vision, charitable donation matching)
- What’s not to like?