Senior Software Engineer - App Experience
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineer - App Experience, you will be ensuring that Roblox has a beautiful, consistent and platform-optimized human co experience for our millions of daily users. As an initial member of this core team, you will be a key contributor to the UI/UX framework that will be used by all product verticals in the company. If you are an experienced software engineer with keen attention to UI/UX details and is driven by building a delightful and usable experience for your users, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing app group.
- Experienced : You have 2-5 years of experience working on responsive consumer applications across multiple platforms. You hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX (and UI) : You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users. It should not only feel right, but it has to look (pixel) perfect.
- Curious : You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Analytical : You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Test-driven : TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Adaptable : You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player : You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build the framework that will empower our designer teams to fulfill their vision while allowing engineers on other product teams to be highly efficient.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that your technical solution embodies the shared team vision.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to enable them while ensuring that the UI/UX is consistent.
- Excellent benefits
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination