Engineering Manager - Internal Tools
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Roblox is looking for an Engineering Leader who will be responsible for building systems that make us more productive and enable the entire organization to scale. Combining internal tools and third party applications for People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, Business Analytics, etc. we envision an integrated platform that streamlines processes while providing employees and leaders with information they need to drive the business.
This is a new team at Roblox and we need a leader who can set architectural direction, hire the necessary development team, manage outside vendors, and work closely with all functional groups inside of Roblox.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working with users to build tools that provide insights and streamline workflows
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and comfortable working across multiple teams to make tradeoffs
- Work closely with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help define requirements
- Develop mockups and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple stakeholders
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Implement and maintain systems that will be used by the entire company