Technical Artist - Unpublished Fighting Game
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot's second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to "scale Riot's games to hyper-serve players."
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We're also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We're focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools & Pipeline Technical Artist for Project L, you'll act as a bridge between artists and engineers supporting art production across a variety of art disciplines. You will be expected to own the resolution of any technical issues impacting the artists working on your projects and collaborating with engineering on new tool and pipeline development. As a subject matter expert with our tools and workflows you will also be responsible for working closely with artists to help them achieve their creative vision.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Character Art, Animation, Environment Art, and VFX
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
- Produce technical assets (such as shaders/materials)
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside with to better understand their needs and collaborate on designs and workflow solutions
- 7+ years experience as a Technical Artist in games or related industries and completed at least 2 AAA games through the whole development cycle.
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal, Unity, or equivalent internal engine.
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, particularly Maya and Photoshop.
- Skilled at Python scripting/programming
- Demonstrated background in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues in collaboration with artists and engineers
- Highly skilled at communicating issues to varied audiences: managers, engineers, artist
- Comfortable writing C# and C++
- Experience with Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Experience in shader writing (HLSL/GLSL)
- Bilingual English/Mandarin is definitely a plus
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.