In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. With the advent of Riot's next generation of titles, Legends of Runeterra, Teamfight Tactics and VALORANT, Riot is building a broader and more complex entertainment footprint. But, no matter how robust Riot's product offerings become, players will always be the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the player experience. The Television/Film team works to build a broader engagement with Riot's universes through the creation of live action scripted series, feature films and original animation. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As the Strategic Finance Principal - Film and TV for Riot Entertainment's Film and TV department, you'll report to the Senior Director, Strategic Planning and FP&A, Riot Entertainment. You will partner with the Chief Content Officer and development and production departments to build relevant strategic and financial plans, monitor performance against plans, and implement improvements to financial processes and systems to support better decision making. You will also also support the IP Management team.
- Manage Long Range Planning (LRP) and financial forecasting (SPF) processes for Riot's Film/TV and IP Management teams; monitor performance against plans
- Manage monthly reporting and quarterly management reviews
- Monitor department P&L, track forecasts to actuals, and work with Strategic Finance to ensure efficient resource allocation (headcount and financial)
- Build financial ultimates to support greenlight process; analyze and update financial models based on revenue sources, production and marketing budgets
- Develop ad hoc strategic financial analysis for important deals and decisions
- Partner with corporate Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to service Film and TV needs
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years experience in Finance (FP&A, Corporate Finance or Strategic Planning), or 6+ years with an MBA
- Experience directly supporting executives in a major studio or entertainment company as a strategic finance partner
- Knowledge of Film and TV and related business models
- Experience creating and managing ultimate P&L models for major studio and forecasting revenues and costs for Filmed entertainment
- Experience with strategic/ long range planning, budgeting and forecasting in a studio setting
- Experience applying strategic frameworks to business problems from a financial perspective
- Understanding of franchise management
- Knowledge of capital allocation and valuation principles
- Knowledge of financial systems and accounting principles for studio environments
- Knowledge of tax and treasury considerations for a studio or Entertainment division
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.