Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Web Experiences team, you'll help us build amazing web experiences across several products including Accounts and Identity, Web SDK, Personalized Content and Web Stores, to name a few. Your expertise building first class web apps that leverage distributed systems will enhance all of these products and more. Your work will help create a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all games at Riot. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Web Experiences team.
- Build immersive and functional web experiences in React and TypeScript that reach players across the globe
- Develop and support our Node.js based distributed services used by millions of players
- Partner with product, user experience, and visual design to create the best player experience possible through technical discovery and prototyping
- Work with product lead on technical discoveries and prototypes
- Work with us to level-up our technical designs, build infrastructure and automation, and operational capabilities
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise and guide technical directions on the team
- Create and socialize technical solutions that impact multiple teams
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience with modern processes and technologies for front-end stacks, tooling, and build / deploy automation
- Good understanding Cloud Platform providers(ie. AWS or GCP) and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with some of the following: micro-services architecture, client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Experience in analytics tooling such as Google Analytics and Databricks
- Experience in working with global-scale distributed systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).