Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Game Delivery Tools
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Player Platform, Game Delivery Tools team, you will help lead a passionate team that is building the runway for secure, reliable, global delivery of Riot's games and services. You will also lead the development of tools to ease integration efforts. You will collaborate with outstanding engineers within the team and across the company to build services that are used by millions of players every day.
The Game Delivery Tools team creates and operates services and internal web experiences that level-up the delivery of Riot games to players. We work very closely with internal game teams (League, VALORANT, and Wild Rift to name a few) to build the right customization for their products.
- Implement and operate essential services used by Riot Developers and partners
- Lead development of an internal portal to ease integration efforts for new game teams
- Build outstanding system designs to serve Rioters and players worldwide
- Mentor a team of passionate Engineers to build and deliver high quality software
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- 3+ years of experience delivering and operating software using cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Golang, Java, Python, or C#
- Experience as a technical leader on a software engineering team
- Experience building intuitive web experiences leveraging modern component libraries
- Experience with high-scale services and optimizations - CDN, Microservices, Service Mesh
- Experience with Cloud and containerization technologies - AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).