Senior Technical Artist (Tools & Pipeline) - Unpublished R&D Product
As a Technical Artist for Tools/Pipeline, you'll help breathe life into the League of Legends universe and other Riot Games content. You'll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools to build tools, maintain pipelines, and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions. You will establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players. And you will critique work, mentor fellow Rioters, and foster the long-term growth of a group of artists.
As a Senior Technical Artist (Tools and Pipeline) on the Research and Development team, you'll focus on building the tools and tech used for content development on a particular project. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for DCC (Digital Content Creation) software, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges the project team faces. You will report directly to the Art Director.
- Communicate a cohesive vision and standard for art vision, artistic workflows, and pipelines based on the Art Director and Creative Director’s visions.
- Amplify artistic capabilities while maintaining efficient and sustainable memory and performance
- Lead the team in identifying new opportunities to incorporate technology to increase art workflow efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities
- Partner with other Technical Artists at the studio to develop a cohesive vision and shared standards across the Technical Art discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Professional experience working within the mobile games industry
- Expertise in industry-standard content creation tools, such as Maya, and commercial game engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python and PyQt/PySide
- Experience problem-solving and communicating with multiple art disciplines and acting as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience in game development using Unreal
- Experience writing shaders and working in HLSL
- Understanding of 3D modeling, efficient UV layouts, and materials
- Strong understanding of current console art pipelines
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality technical art work - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).