As a Senior Revenue Strategist on Esports Digital, you will report into the Sr. Manager, Business Strategy for Esports Digital and work with cross-functional teams to develop products and experiences that grow player value, revenue, and joy across the community. You’ll work closely with designers to create industry leading monetization systems and work closely with product owners to advise them on product strategy across our teams.
This role focuses on market sizing, assessing impact, proposing new features (and feature improvements), and developing content strategy. You will run data analysis and use dashboards to monitor the product’s performance and design experiments to optimize our existing channels. Finally, you’ll be partnered with people across different work functions, so relationship management is a key part of your craft.
- Develop the overarching revenue generation framework for emerging esport products, accounting for the changing needs of audiences as they move from esports to adjacent entertainment spaces
- Partner with product leadership to ideate specific revenue strategies (B2B, B2C and B2B2C), present to senior leadership for buy-in, and drive strategy implementation for a diverse set of esport audience needs
- Drive the co-develop of monetization systems for new esport products with esport product leadership
- Evaluate the competitive positioning of select esports products to identify emerging industry trends, risks and opportunities
- Analyze audience data and product results to find actionable business insights
- Establish market sizing and projections of impact for identified opportunities
- Partner with product teams to prioritize their efforts - accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- 7+ years experience using statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze information and develop practical solutions to business problems
- Bachelor's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, or information systems
- Demonstrated experience developing revenue strategies and or or designing monetization approaches for consumer facing products/services (preferrably free-to-play or SVOD focused businesses)
- Strong experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks and crafting optimal solutions for our players and our business
- Hands on experience with microtransactions, game monetization and/or subscription design
- Experience working with SQL and data visualization such as Tableau
- Familiarity with research design and execution
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers
- Strong communication and presentation skills with senior stakeholders
- Experience in ecommerce, consulting (post-MBA), or business strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Experience working with b2b monetization systems such as advertising or sponsorship
- Experience with personalization and targeting systems for personalized offers and marketing
- 4+ years experience working with game teams or SVOD platform
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.