Product Manager II - Esports
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Product Manager II on the Esports team, you will guide the efforts of building a thriving competitive ecosystem for multiple games in Latin America. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, product management skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in professional esports. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans, partners and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, production, broadcast, business development, league management operations, and with the Global Esports team in Los Angeles.
You will report to the Head of Esports LatAm to align your product strategy with our overall esports goals and strategies for the whole region.
Based in Mexico City, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming.
- Design and implement product strategies for different Esports products to develop the competitive ecosystem in Latin America
- Actively pursues continuous improvement of quality and fan experience via actionable retrospective analysis.
- Coordinate between partners and Riot stakeholders (esports, marketing, game teams) towards a shared vision and roadmap for esports.
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs
- All around sports fan
- At least 5 years of experience in Product or Project Management roles in Esports, traditional sports or entertainment.
- Experience negotiating deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- Knowledge of the Esports ecosystem in LatAm, both from Riot and other developers.
- Regional experience working across countries/markets within Latin America, including an understanding of general cultural differences.
- MBA strongly preferred