Localization Generalist Ⅱ
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Localization GeneralistⅡ, you aspire to delight players with a language that resonates with them. You understand that localization does not mean translation and you guard the quality bar closely, always pushing things to the next level. You’re artistic, able to write like a poet, and have a long-term strategic point of view about how our language taste and style should be. You’ll optimize our content localization process and identify ways to scale it while meeting player experience expectations.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you’ll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Web, Marketing, Publishing, Community, Player Support and eSports, Riot Games Tokyo is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- Fantastic communication skills: you've spent 4+ years in a dedicated localization role or equivalent using fluent Japanese and at least near fluent in English language skills as well as extensive knowledge about Japanese culture. Preferable localization experiences are English to Japanese, not the opposite or in other languages. You have a clear sense about what good taste and a high quality content looks like.
- A capable project manager: you have extensive experience in leading, growing, and evolving projects by excellent time management and orchestration skills. You communicate and work effectively to meet tight deadlines, not only with local and internal stakeholders, but also with global colleagues as well as external vendors and business partners.
- Publishing company experience: you have worked in a publishing (or developer) company to manage, lead and orchestrate vendors. You have the experience of requesting and assessing work completion in a timely manner at a great quality, not just receiving such requests.
- Stylistic : you have extensive knowledge about gaming, literature, and movie languages; you know how to use words to further shape our products to premium level, not just accurate translations. Your passion and interests in this field are clear and proven.
- Manage localization projects and assist in planning future plans by creating localized contents, assessing timelines for content releases, managing cost and resources, and monitoring for cultural or technical issues.
- Analyze process and resource issues and develop and implement a strategic plan for future improvements.
- Work with internal teams, external vendors and partners to tackle each phase of localization, including translation, recording, integration and QA. At times, negotiate costs and timelines, manage high standards and quality while keeping everyone’s motivation high.
- Work in tandem with different stakeholders to improve localization quality of all Riot Games content and foster collaboration between multiple regional and overseas teams.
- Oversee regional and global localization processes and tools, and suggest iteration paths to keep them running at max efficiency.
- Foster collaboration between multiple regional and central stakeholders
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.