Compliance Program Manager
The Riot Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's "best for the company" always begins with thinking about what's "best for players." Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players' interests in mind.
As the Compliance Program Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Compliance, you will promote compliance and accessibility within our products, establish a baseline for compliance programs, identify and research applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards, and partner with internal and external audit resources. You will be a leader in this space and will have experience managing legal compliance projects to produce results.
- Lead the design of Riot's compliance monitoring system and work with other Riot teams to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Work collaboratively within Legal and Information Security to design and use dashboards to assess compliance risks and improve automation and process flows
- Partner with product owners, engineers, and development managers across other disciplines to develop compliance requirements that create solutions across multiple platforms
- Help with third-party due diligence and risk-based testing and monitoring for real-time identification of issues
- Manage external audit of internal compliance processes
- Collect and analyze compliance metrics to identify important risks and trends and evaluate and improve program effectiveness
- Help the Legal and Information Security team build and use scalable tools and dashboards to assess impact and improve decision-making
- Organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize return on investment
- Prepare reports for project leadership and executives
- Design processes for accessibility standards, FCPA, license compliance, data security, and other compliance processes within Riot
- 6+ years of program management experience in Legal, Compliance, or Information Technology accomplishing compliance, risk, or legal projects
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Law, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or a related field
- Experience running a large program or multiple projects
- Experience organizing and monitoring inter-related projects
- Experience coordinating cross-project activities, artifacts, rituals, and goals
- General knowledge of IT environments, information security, privacy, and threat/vulnerability management
- Technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with experience using data to test assumptions/recommendations
- Solid experience developing compliance frameworks
- Experience implementing business-friendly program management techniques, tools, and best practices in high risk industries
- Experience inspiring and influencing employees at every level to embrace compliance projects
- Previous compliance experience working in media, games, technology, or entertainment industry
- PMI or Agile certifications
- Experience working on regulatory compliance programs such as PCI-DSS, SOX, SSAE 18, Privacy, or HIPAA
- Experience with enterprise systems and tools
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).