Business Development & Partnerships Manager LATAM
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
We are looking for a Business Development and Partnerships Manager II to shape new opportunities and support our current partnering efforts across Riot's Latam business (both esports and games initiatives, as well as consumer products projects).
You will work closely with a broad range of Riot teams, such as esports production teams, operations, publishing, finance, etc. You'll help shape and grow our games’ ecosystem in the region, not only in esports, but also bringing to life initiatives with partners that transcend the boundaries of our games,and that allow players to connect with our IP, even outside of it. You excel at strategic planning, deal sourcing and negotiation, partner management, and overcoming unexpected obstacles in a fast-paced environment. You have strong empathy and understanding of business needs from potential partners, because you are familiar with what makes thriving industries and product/services categories tick. Your analytical skills will assess new business ventures, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help drive deals to completion.
This role will focus on all of our games, and the scope of work includes esports sponsorships, games partnerships and consumer products for Latin America.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Development, LATAM. As a Mexico City Rioter, you’ll join an international team of professionals who share our obsession with player experience.
As a Mexico City Rioter, you’ll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Business Development, Publishing and Esports, Riot Games Mexico City is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
- Work with the business development leadership to identify new business opportunities and establish relationships with current business partners in esports sponsorships, games partnerships and consumer products, including research, evaluation, recommendation, creative solutions, and post-deal integration.
- Work closely with games, brand, product, broadcast, publishing and finance teams to choose partners and develop creative and customized activations that delight our partners and players in the region.
- Oversee approvals for each project such as asset use and integration, event hosting, and copyright with the respective partners to make sure contractual commitments are met.
- Collaborate with the product and legal teams to successfully negotiate contracts with target partners within agreed parameters.
- Develop presentation materials for partners, Riot’s executive teams, and BD leadership.
- Monitor performance of past deals to inform product and platform partnership strategy.
- Manage vendors and agencies that support the Biz Dev operations, reviewing sales pipelines, lead management and KPI reporting.
- Capture and implement process improvements to support the effectiveness of the BD department. Carefully gather and track all relevant information.
- Being a dedicated player yourself you use your creative, strategic, data informed mindset to find player focused solutions that aligns with Riot’s objectives and serves our partner’s needs.
- You are a passionate business developer with 5+ years experience in Latam or global BD or management consulting in sports, esports, broadcast entertainment or advertising.
- Experience in creating, structuring, and executing creative and commercial approaches and contracts within sports, esports, or other related industries.
- Experienced in networking with contacts across agencies, broadcasters, and major consumer brands within the region. Proven track record of successfully building sponsorship approaches.
- Experience in management consulting and/or consultative sales.
- You are familiar with project management tools.
- Experience with working across multiple teams in different disciplines, time zones, and locations.
- Besides Spanish you are fluent in English (business use).