Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Senior Systems Engineer ( FPS Incubation Title ) you will design, build, and maintain technology that enables the team to create engaging gameplay and fantastic experiences. You will work closely with other Engineers, Design, Art, Animation, and Audio to gather requirements, design, implement, test, optimize and enhance features and toolchain support for those features. You will have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of systems, including collision, physics, audio, low-level OS and hardware support, common libraries, data packaging, asset management, scripting language support, user input, debugging and profiling support, AI, general game simulation management, rendering support, and many others.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Excellent understanding of computation and evidence-based optimization.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Degree - Bachelor's CS/Math or higher preferred. ( Or Equivalent work exp)
- Engineering experience working with consoles (Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft)
- Engineering experience working with window PC ( Microsoft/Steam/Origin)
- Solid foundation in TCP and UDP networking.
- Prior professional experience as a respected engineer on a game team.
- Comfortable in/with Windows, Linux, Perforce, Visual Studio, curl, PHP, LUA/Squirrel
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.