Lead Gameplay Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
- Build, improve, and maintain gameplay systems.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Be a technical leader for Apex Legends and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards.
- Help grow and mentor a team of gameplay engineers of varying skill levels.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong C/C++ skills. 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
- CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles
- Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.