(Closed) Audio Implementer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Respawn Entertainment is looking for an Audio Implementer to help us create an incredible sonic experience for our players. We're hoping to find someone excited to contribute to the Star Wars™ Universe, with a strong passion for making worlds come alive through the power of sound. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your audio implementation reel! (Note: This role does not involve music composition)
What you’ll do…
- Implement sound effects in animation sequences and blueprints in Unreal, following implementation standards set by team leads.
- Create and maintain Wwise spatial audio volumes in game levels.
- Assist the sound design team with audio editing and implementation tasks, adhering to naming conventions and asset standards set by the Audio Lead.
- Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs.
- Collaborate with team members across all disciplines within the studio.
Ideally, you’ll have…
- A fundamental knowledge of video game audio and implementation practices.
- A keen eye for detail and sense of timing when placing sounds to visuals.
- Proficiency editing audio in Reaper or equivalent software.
- Experience working with Wwise audio middleware.
- Experience working in the Unreal game engine.
- Experience working on a video game in an audio implementation role or equivalent education.