(Closed) Head of Sponsorship Sales, Europe (Berlin/London)
Founded in 2016, the New York-based ReKTGlobal, Inc. is a global esports organization that bridges the gap between traditional sports and esports. ReKTGlobal combines esports team ownership with audience engagement, providing solutions for the entire ecosystem. ReKTGlobal owns the professional esports organization Rogue and operates both Rogue in the League European Championship (LEC) and the London Royal Ravens in the Call of Duty 2020 franchise. ReKTGlobal has also acquired the marketing services company Greenlit Content, leading fan engagement platform Fullcube, and has contracted Time Magazine’s Top 25 online Influencer DRLUPO. ReKTGlobal investors include Steve Aoki, Nicky Romero, Imagine Dragons, Tainy and Nick Gross.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Sponsorship Sales to develop and drive new opportunities and support our monetization efforts for our European flagship esports franchises Rogue in the LEC and the Royal Ravens in the COD league (amongst other properties and assets). You are a natural leader with relevant experience in structuring and executing the commercial approach with sports or esports related industries.
You will be a part of our European esports team, reporting directly to the Managing Director of our Berlin office and work closely with the ReKTGlobal leadership group.
- Work collaboratively with the ReKTGlobal leadership group to drive revenue growth
- Develop and execute innovative, bespoke and forward-thinking partnership propositions for global brands for the Rogue League of Legends and London Call of Duty teams (amongst other properties and assets)
- Lead all elements of partnership relations including short term and long-term plan development, forecasting, event activations, budget and cost management, approvals and client servicing, including post event analysis and reports on a timely basis
- Manage on-site execution of partner activations at Rogue League of Legends and London Call of Duty live events.
- Be an effective team player with strong customer service, communication, presentation and creative problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with internal ReKTGlobal departments to support the development of our fan engagement platform
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry, attending network and promotional events
Qualifications and Critical Skills
- You have at least 7 years of professional experience in successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals with industry partners in the esports, sport or entertainment industries
- You are a natural networker with contacts across agencies and major commercial partners within Europe and experience with partnerships, licensing structures and joint ventures
- You enter negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation involving different company levels and departments
- Your approach is always data driven and you are proficient with all relevant software necessary to execute and analyse digital marketing campaigns
- You are a self-starter who can handle multiple projects at the same time
- You have strong organizational skills; you are a creative problem solver and have strong attention to detail
- You’ve got an eye for radical new placements and a bead on what opportunities will level up the European esport experience
- You are an aspiring team leader who has already experienced the challenges and rewards of leading a team of accomplished associates
Based in Berlin or London, the Head of Sponsorship Sales Director will be expected to undertake extensive travel within Europe. Trips to the US will also be required.
- Full-time employment with UK or German entity
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
Please include a resume and cover letter in your application.
At ReKTGlobal, we champion diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.