Loudspeaker Audio Test Engineer, THX
The Audio Test Engineer will provide engineering support to test and measure the acoustic performance of a variety of loudspeaker and headphone products. As part of the certification team, this highly technical role requires someone with the ability to analyze acoustic measurement results and draw engineering conclusions.
The ideal candidate will have proven senior-level experience of audio technology in a consumer electronics company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test all aspects of performance on professional cinema, studio, and home theater loudspeakers, sound bars, PC speaker systems, Bluetooth speakers, portable speakers, and headphones
- Perform and document acoustical, mechanical and electrical tests
- Conduct listening evaluations of products to assess objective and subjective performance
- Create and edit technical performance reports for internal and external audiences
- Analyze data and disseminate results to internal and external parties
- Provide partner support to answer detailed technical questions regarding THX products, technologies, etc.
- Provide technical support to answer questions regarding performance specifications, test procedures and expected performance to partners
- Create and edit technical performance evaluation reports
- Coordinate and schedule testing personnel
- Maintain test facility and equipment to ensure reliability and consistency
- Perform special projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong experience in using test measurement systems including Audio Precision, MLSSA, Listen Inc. SoundCheck, CLIO, LMS, and/or Klippel required
- Minimum five (5) years' experience as a loudspeaker and/or headphone tester (design experience preferred)
- Expert knowledge of acoustics and audio technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.