Director of Product Development, Systems
The Director of Product Development (Systems) supports complex product development projects. This position manages multiple activities including planning, costing, engineering, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
As Director of Product Development, you have an unbridled passion for gaming, the Razer brand, and Razer laptop. You have a proven record of bringing exciting gaming systems to market from concept to launch. If you love to take the competition head-on; you enjoy collaborating with the best; you enjoy building and leading teams; and you want to build the ultimate gaming systems, then this job is for you.
- Deliver product on time, on price, and with the features needed to succeed.
- Develop long-term strategy for the product category.
- Work closely with third parties, vendors, licensors to deploy and support product.
- Assist in the development of prototypes and tooling methods to verify the functionality of product designs.
- Review prototypes and tooling methods to verify and implement the functionality of product designs.
- Optimize product performance and develop unique Intellectual Property.
- Evaluate materials, forms and ingredients used to develop an interim or finished product.
- Coordinate product enhancements.
- Communicate to appropriate departments any possible production risks, product integrity issues and regulatory risks.
- Create and pitch product concepts and business cases.
- Travel up to 20% of time - domestic and/or international.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product development, and 5 years of experience developing consumer notebooks, laptops, and/or desktops.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Able to manage product from creation to launch.
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Experience in primary customer research.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, must demonstrate analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work effectively within and across teams as well as with individuals of all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-entity environment.
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
The award-winning hardware of Razer includes high-performance gaming peripherals, Blade gaming laptops and the acclaimed Razer Phone.
Razer’s software platform, with over 50 million users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher).
Razer services include Razer zGold, one of the world’s largest virtual credit services for gamers, which allows gamers to purchase virtual goods and items from over 2,500 different games.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, Razer has nine offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the USA, Europe and China. Razer is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 1337).