Castilian Spanish Language Localization QA Game Tester
Localization QA testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the World.
As one of our Castilian Spanish Localization QA Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localized game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localized into the target language.
Candidates with previous Castilian Spanish translation, proofreading, copy-writing or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
*This role is an on-call contract with full-time availability requirements from Monday – Friday*
**During the Current Covid-19 global pandemic, this role will be a Work From Home position**
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other Castilian Spanish language errors
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
- Writing reports of errors/bugs found and providing suggestions for improvements
- Accuracy of translation within context
- Consistency of terminology and imagery
- Hunting for missing / wrong content
- Performing ad hoc translation
What we’re looking for
- Native level fluency in Castilian Spanish
- Strong cultural understanding of Spain
- Computer literacy – particularly with Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with using different software and applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Functional verbal French communication capabilities
What we offer
- Test unreleased video games and software
- Competitive salary, paid training, and free coffee
- Potential for full-time, permanent openings with growth opportunities
- Office location near metro in the heart of the Mile End gaming hub
- Fun, diverse and collaborative work environment
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localization Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include: Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localization QA, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition and Audio Production.