(Closed) Director of Esports
Psyonix, a video game developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for a driven and organized Director of Esports to lead our esports team in an effort to grow and support the hit game, Rocket League!
- Designing, creating, and executing a vision for our globally-recognized, world-class Rocket League esports program
- Leading and mentoring a cross-functional team tasked with delivering industry-defining competitive experiences for players and fans all over the world.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of worldwide esports industry trends, programs, best practices, and competitive intelligence to help inform and shape Rocket League Esports' evolving ecosystem
- Defining project scope, objectives, resource requirements, schedules, budgets, and key performance indicators in support of business goals defined by the executive leadership team.
- Developing and growing business relationships crucial to the success of the Rocket League Esports programs.
- Partnering with franchise, business, and content teams for effective integration into Rocket League Esports
- Internally advocating solutions and soliciting requests on behalf of our professional esports competitors, teams, and league organizers to ensure that the leadership team is informed of the team's needs
- Developing reports and documentation detailing performance, risks, and contingency plans for each project and periodically deliver reports to senior leadership.
- Working with the business intelligence, marketing, and finance teams to interpret data to make informed decisions and recommendations
- Promoting a positive work environment that rewards innovation and creativity
- Additional duties to be assigned
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Intimate knowledge of the Rocket League competitive atmosphere
- 10+ years of previous experience in the games, entertainment, or sports industries with relevant experience in the realm of program or project management
- 5+ years of previous experience managing a competitive esports program, sports organizations management, or equivalent field
- Strong experience with live event production including tournament planning, organization and budgeting
- Outstanding self-motivation, work ethic, and written/ verbal communication skills with an attention to detail and professional delivery
- Consistent ability to execute strong independent judgment under deadlines with a full workload
- The ability to lead by influence and to think strategically and creatively
- A team-focused outlook on strategy and problem-solving
- A willingness to be "on-call" outside of business hours, including travel and work on holidays
- An expectation of travel for as much as 25% of scheduled work hours per year
- A passion for gaming
- Frequent utopian visions of a world united through Rocket League 3v3s
- Extensive knowledge of the esports and competitive video game scene