WWS QA - Release Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Deliver a professional and proactive Release Management service, tailored to customer needs and delivered at the highest standard.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervise the progress of titles throughout the WWS QA lifecycle to verify the completion of key process results.
- Collaborate and work in conjunction with Global WWS QA colleagues to standardise global release management processes.
- Ongoing review of release management processes with a view to streamlining and increased efficiency.
- Ensure all established policy and processes relating to the role are expertly documented.
Release Management Responsibilities:
- Work with Studio personnel to communicate global submission process and requirements, proactively providing updates as and when necessary.
- Proactively plan and support product release on PlayStation, iOS, Android, Amazon Steam, Epic & GOG platforms
- Coordinate with Global counterparts to ensure titles are released on time in all regions
- Confirm when master candidates adhere to the Submission Authorisation (formerly exit checks) in advance of submission to Global Format QA (GFQA).
- Ensure the Master Disc Testing Form and all submission materials are accurately completed submitted prior to delivery of the submission materials to GFQA.
- Negotiate any contentious issues raised during certification
- Raise and help mitigate any risk, prior to or during submission
- Formally submit content to GFQA.
- Communicate title progress in GFQA to various partners regularly
- Be available to provide weekend support coverage, 1 in every 4 weekends per month (on average)
What we’re looking for:
Technical and Professional Knowledge:
The ability to show and apply an appropriate level of expertise appropriate to the role.
The ability to show and apply understanding of the organisation to daily working life.
Quality and Standards:
The ability to achieve high standards and quality in work.
The ability to work collaboratively with others in order to achieve common objectives.
Planning and Organising:
The ability to schedule what needs to be done to achieve objectives.
Style and Impact:
The ability to adapt behaviour to a range of different people.
Builds effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
Judgement & Decision Making:
The ability to judge a situation in order to decide what course of action should be followed.
The ability to obtain agreement, which is satisfactory to both parties.
Analytical ‘Detail’ Thinking:
The ability to analyse and understand information and draw sound conclusions.
Conceptual ‘Big Picture’ Thinking:
The ability to grasp new concepts quickly, understand ideas and possibilities and shape strategy.
The ability to understand commercial and financial considerations and apply to decision-making.
The ability to innovate, to find ways of doing things better and think up creative solutions.
Able to adapt and excel in a constantly evolving environment.
Composure and Resilience:
The ability to remain calm and collected whilst in stressful situations
- WWS QA Compliance & Release Services
- WWS QA-E, WWS QA Test Managers, WWS QA Test Leads
- Global Format QA Management
- Studios – Producers, Dev Ops, Senior Producers
- Third Party Relations
- Global Developer Technology Group (GDTG) (DevSupport)
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous Release Management experience desired
- Good games industry appreciation and understanding
- Good business sense and understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of software testing nomenclature
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Excellent communication - strong business writing skills, public speaking and presentation skills, and listening skills. Must have the ability to develop strong intra-departmental relationships through effective communication and integrity.
- Ability to see a task through to completion, on time and to quality.
- Project management experience within the software industry desirable.
- Practical QA experience desirable.
- Knowledge and/or experience of submission process for mobile platforms/Steam/Epic desirable.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.