Software Engineer - Data Platform (Mid to Sr)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer (Mid to Sr.)
Sony Interactive Entertainment is developing a core platform that will power the PlayStation 5. The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop our mission critical data activation platform. Come help craft the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
- Design and develop real-time distributed systems to power core experiences across the PlayStation network
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to go-to-market strategy
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems
- Expertise in Java
- Experience working with event streaming platforms (Kafka/Kinesis/SQS)
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product
Your first 90 days:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to small features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs, and started developing.
In 90 days, you will know the platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.